Growthink Capital provides divestiture advisory services for emerging and middle market companies.
We work side by side with companies who are looking to grow financially by selling off a business unit, division, or by removing assets to focus resources on opportunities that are better poised for growth.
Our customized methodology ensures that clients experience a focused and efficient process and achieve an optimal transaction arrangement.
To ensure that the divestiture does not threaten the seller or the divested entity, we provide a detailed separation plan across every aspect of the process, which is carefully monitored and adjusted as the execution unfolds. This separation plan requires collaboration between the seller and its other remaining businesses, the divested unit itself, and, in most cases, the buyer.
Our divestiture advisory process includes:
- Interview company management to fully understand objectives
- Perform extensive due diligence of the divestiture, its products and services, target markets and future growth opportunities
- Complete a valuation of the subsidiary, business unit, or division
- Develop a strategic selling memorandum that highlights the divestiture opportunity
- Prepare additional marketing materials for distribution to potential buyers.
- Research, analyze, and target potential buyers within the industry sector and determine the synergistic value
- Initiate contact with buyers, negotiate terms, and finalize a sale arrangement that satisfies or exceeds the clients’ objectives