Providing Due Diligence Advisory To Get Deals Done
Growthink Capital’s M&A due diligence consultants have the knowledge and experience to assist you through a wide variety of M&A and business sale processes.
We leverage our project management, strategy, and investment banking experience to accurately assess the probability of a proposed merger or acquisition, and at what price and terms.
As part of our due diligence consulting process, we provide advice as to the various strengths and weaknesses of the company contemplating an acquisition, along with independent research and evaluation of potential acquisition targets.
We'd Love To Speak With You
Complete the form, or call us:
Components of a Successful Due Diligence Process
Our experienced team will work with you to develop, complete, and organize a professional due diligence process, including:
- Confidentiality Agreement: Managing when (and when not to) to pursue confidentiality agreements with prospective targets and at what point in the transaction and due diligence investigation process to disclose and conduct initial due diligence on target financial statements, intellectual property and proprietary trade, and business secrets.
- Financial Review: Provide assistance and advice in reviewing and analyzing the financial statements of the target company, along with detailed due diligence on the target’s key business analytics and performance indicators (KPIs).
- Market Research: Analyze the target company’s market, industry, and competitive landscape and provide advice and insight into the various “future and new markets scenarios” and how they might impact long-term value accretion post-acquisition. And, in conjunction, provide advice and guidance as to the deal and financing marketplace, both to finance a potential transaction and exit scenarios post combination (i.e sale to corporate acquirers, private equity firms, etc.)
- Risk Analysis: Undertake “commercial due diligence” and assess relevant areas of deal concern and risk, including legal, organizational and corporate structure, IT systems, current competitive and market dynamics, strategic positioning, etc.
- Operational Analysis: Review core systems, processes, and technologies utilized to run the business. Analyze relevant assets, customer contracts, operating expenses, and other collateral to validate and quantify core areas of value.
- Interviews and Site Visits: Interview key stakeholders, including management, employees, customers, and suppliers, along with visiting target companies’ facilities and locations.
- Valuation Analysis: Building on the above, arrive at a “spectrum” of business valuations for acquirers and targets on both standalone bases and as combined entities, and in best, worst, and expected case scenarios.
- Data Room Creation and Review: We assist in assembling electronic data rooms and a diligence checklist that contains relevant information (financial, strategic, operational, marketing, and competitive) about the involved companies their proposed transaction(s), risks involved, and project ROI. We then review, analyze, and “quality control” this data both to identify and quantify the key value drivers, along with helping to a) “fill in” incomplete/missing materials and data needed to be collected to maximize deal value and the likelihood of a transaction closing and b) monitor and manage the diligence activities of the various parties to the transaction.
- Reports and Recommendations: Building on the work above and appropriate to the state and progression of the M&A transaction, we then offer recommendations as to purchase price maximum value, key deal risk factors, cash flow and tax implications, along with an opinion as to the potential fairness of the proposed transaction. And, as appropriate, we partner with the uniquely experienced business plan and advisory professionals at our parent company’s famed management consultancy Growthink to build a deep understanding of both the acquisition and target to maximize the likelihood of transaction success post-close.
- Investor / Financier Relationships. As a FINRA-registered investment bank for over twenty years, we have deep and wide experience and relationships within the deal ecosystem – private equity funds, strategic, special situation, debt (secured and unsecured), family office (domestic and global), independent sponsor, SPV, etc.). We validate our M&A due diligence process via conversations and reviews with professionals from within this ecosystem, for both deal ideas and recommendations and as a potential source of funds.
Growthink Capital Representative Transactions
Assisted Irvine, CA based Super 73, one of the most recognizable electric vehicle brands in the world, in completing a $20 million growth capital raise with Volition Capital. This is the second completed growth financing for Super 73 that Growthink Capital has facilitated.
Assisted Softvision – an Atlanta, GA-based software engineering and design firm with clients including Estee Lauder, Groupon, Macy’s, Mozilla and Kaiser Permanente – in completing a financial sale to a Utah-based private investment group.
Assisted Ft. Worth, TX-based BrandFX – a global pioneer and industry leader in composite truck bodies – in completing a financial sale to a New York-based private investment group.
Why Growthink Capital
Growthink Capital has the knowledge and experience to provide best-in-class due diligence consulting services. We have a proven track record of helping businesses navigate the complex deal due diligence process and successfully close on business sales and M&A. Our process not only increases the probability of a successful closing but also its likelihood of consummating at a price and on terms most beneficial to our clients.