We just released our analysis of growth funding events that occurred during October.
We tracked $6.4 billion in new venture funding in October 2020, up from $5.7 billion in September. The month’s biggest funding event belonged to the food/alcohol/snack delivery company GoPuff, which raised $380 million.
Other $100 million+ funding events in October included the following:
- Scopely ($340 million) an interactive entertainment platform.
- Unqork ($207 million) a no-code application development platform that helps organizations build custom software.
- Arctic Wolf ($200 million) a cloud security platform designed to keep your valuable business data safe.
- Instacart ($200 million) a grocery delivery company.
- Redaptive ($156 million) an energy system upgrade services intended to permit organizations to accelerate efficiency upgrades.
- Benson Hill ($150 million) a crop design platform to develop healthier and more sustainable crops.
- Tipalti ($150 million) a cloud-based automation platform designed to eliminate mass payment workload and reduce automation payment risk.
- Honor ($140 million) a home-care service offering expert and professional in-home care services for elders.
- Getaround ($140 million) a carsharing platform
- Eightfold AI ($125 million) a talent intelligence platform to help companies find, recruit and retain workers.
- Applied Intuition ($125 million) an advanced simulation infrastructure software designed for autonomous vehicles.
- Perch ($123.5 million) a technology-enabled consumer products company that acquires and develops e-commerce brands.
- SimilarWeb ($120 million) a digital market intelligence platform that offers global multi-device market insights through artificial intelligence.
- Ordermark ($120 million) an online ordering management platform that helps restaurants manage online orders and other management operations.
- 98point6 ($118 million) an on-demand, text-based primary care platform to make healthcare more accessible and affordable.
- Talaris Therapeutics ($115 million) a biotechnology company that assists in the development of innovative cellular therapies.
- Scorpion Therapeutics ($108 million) a developer of cancer treatments
- AavantiBio ($107 million) a gene therapy designed to transform the lives of patients with rare genetic diseases.
- Sirnaomics ($105 million) a developer of novel targeted therapeutics intended to treat critical human diseases.
- Bind Benefits ($105 million) offers personalized health plans
- WHOOP ($100 million) a wearable performance optimization device to provide personalized insights to improve overall fitness.
- Newfront Insurance ($100 million) an insurance brokerage technology that assists businesses in purchasing insurance packages.
- BrightFarms ($100 million) a producer of green salads to give people access to fresh locally produced greens.
- Avail Medsystems ($100 million) a procedural telemedicine solution.
- Dialpad ($100 million) a business communications platform that offers cloud-based solutions for businesses to communicate effectively.
The hottest sectors for funding during the month were BioTech, FinTech, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and TeleHealth.
Key funding events in each these sectors for the month are below:
- BioTech deals included AavantiBio ($107 million), Sirnaomics ($105 million), Q32 Bio ($60 million), Dren Bio ($60 million), Nimbus Therapeutics ($60 million), Be Biopharma ($52 million), Walden Biosciences ($51 million), RayzeBio ($45 million), InCarda Therapeutics ($30 million), Scribe Therapeutics ($20 million), Solarea Bio ($11 million) and Lassogen ($5 million).
- FinTech deals included DriveWealth ($57 million), Chargebee ($55 million), M1 Finance ($45 million), Shogun ($35 million), Bluefin ($25 million), Zest AI ($15 million), Lili ($15 million), Bloom Credit ($13 million), Possible Finance ($11 million), Transcend Street ($10 million), StreetShares ($10 million), Polygon ($6 million), Finmark ($5 million) and Clair ($5 million).
- Cybersecurity deals included Arctic Wolf ($200 million), Onapsis ($55 million), 4iQ ($30 million), Illusive Network ($24 million), Fossa ($23 million), Sonrai Security ($20 million), Unit21 ($13 million), Eclypsium ($13 million), Strider Technologies ($10 million), StackHawk ($10 million), Cyberpion ($8 million), NormShield ($8 million) and Secureframe ($5 million).
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning deals included SimilarWeb ($120 million), Hyperscience ($80 million), Lark Health ($55 million), Matroid ($20 million), Grid AI ($19 million), Robust.AI ($15 million), Skan ($14 million), Robust Intelligence ($14 million), Theta Lake ($13 million), Capacity ($11 million), and Balto ($10 million).
- TeleHealth deals included 98point6 ($118 million), Avail Medsystems ($100 million), TigerConnect ($45 million), eVisit ($14 million), Curve Health ($6 million) and Nice Healthcare ($5 million).
If you’re looking for outside funding to grow your company, please don’t hesitate to call us at (213) 927-3968 or fill out our contact form here.