Growthink Capital Research tracked $10.3 billion in new venture funding in September 2021 up from $9.2 billion in August 2021.
The month’s biggest funding event belonged to Databricks, a unified data analytics platform designed to make big analytics data simple.
Twenty-five companies raised $100 million or more in September. Other than Databricks, the 10 companies which raised the most are as follows:
- Thrasio ($650 million) an e-commerce and retail brand that acquires and cultivates category-leading products that people demand.
- Fivetran ($565 million) an automated data integration platform to centralize data into cloud warehouses.
- Varo ($510 million) a financial platform to improve the mobile banking experience enabling users to make smart financial decisions.
- SpotOn ($300 million) a cloud-based financial platform to help business owners build a better future for the business.
- Checkr ($250 million) an enterprise platform to provide candidates a fair chance to work with the background checks during the hiring process.
- Melio ($250 million) a B2B payments platform to provide small businesses with digital payment tools.
- Aviatrix ($200 million) a multi-cloud native networking software that simplifies connectivity to the cloud in a secure and scalable way.
- ProbablyMonsters ($200 million) video gaming studios intended to unite, guide, and empower talented game developers and gamers.
- OpenTrons ($200 million) open-source lab automation robots that automate processes, enabling scientific researchers to minimize human error while running experiments.
- Spring Health ($190 million) a digital platform to provide personalized mental healthcare for employee wellbeing.
The hottest sectors for funding during the month were A.I./Machine Learning, BioTech, MarTech, HealthTech, and Real Estate Tech.
Key funding events in each of these sectors for the month are below:
- A.I./Machine Learning deals included Checkr ($250 million), Ocrolus ($80 million), Glean ($55 million), Vic.ai ($50 million), Bigeye ($45 million), Caresyntax ($30 million), unitQ ($30 million), Truepic ($26 million), Pyxis One ($17 million), Altana AI ($15 million), Thankful ($12 million), Sorcero ($10 million), and Vintra ($9.1 million).
- BioTech deals included HilleVax ($135 million), Disc Medicine ($90 million), Expansion Therapeutics ($80 million), Garuda Therapeutics ($72 million), Allay Therapeutics ($60 million), Walking Fish Therapeutics ($50 million), Elevian ($40 million), Replicate Bioscience ($40 million), A-Alpha Bio ($20 million), Othram ($18 million), and Fauna Bio ($9 million).
- MarTech deals included Mainfactor ($69 million), Botify ($55 million), Postal.io ($22 million), Revenue Grid ($20 million), Walnut ($15 million), Tiled ($13.7 million), and The Vendry ($6.5 million).
- HealthTech deals included Spring Health ($190 million), Elligo Health Research ($135 million), Pager ($70 million), Stellar Health ($60 million), TailorMed ($25 million), and Vital ($15 million).
- Real Estate Tech deals included Ribbon ($150 million), Bilt ($60 million), Blueprint Title ($16 million), Near Space Labs ($13 million), DoorLoop ($10 million), and Awning ($9.3 million).
If you’re looking for outside funding to grow your company, please don’t hesitate to call us at (213) 927-3968 or fill out Growthink Capital’s contact form here.